Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flower Class & Lunch 4/13/09
















Monday was an extra fun flower class. Our classmate Christina invited us to her home for the class and lunch. You may remember her spectacular home from a blog last year. She is such a super hostess and simply a really kind/generous person. (Not to mention elegant!)
This class focused on 3 variations of the upright style. Our teacher said "the upright style can be boring but you can choose it if you want"....:-) I felt more comfortable with the Upright Style and began my work...then 'we' transformed it to a modified Upright...and I liked it better. She always has a vision for our arrangements so you hate to disappoint....:-) Since Spring is in full swing here in Korea she said we would focus on a nice Spring arrangement. I was pleased with the finished product. She also demonstrated a Centerpiece arrangement consisting of all white flowers but different types...it was stunning. She also had the University student demonstate a modified Upright using a red flower that is native to Korea and long lasting....I need to get the name of that one. It will be interesting going to the flower markets with our instructor. Our class was larger today because one of the gals from another one of her classes is moving back to Houston, Texas...and wanted an extra class before she leaves. She actually started crying during the session and said she enjoyed living in Korea. I told her she will be able to make some really beautiful arrangments for a dinner party or something when she gets back to Texas...I don't think it really comforted her. (I tried!) She also said she always wanted children but had to settle for a Chihuahua.....this our first and I guess last encounter. Christine's little fox terrier (Sammie) was happy to see us...except appeared a bit leary of one of the students...hmmmmm.
Now to lunch. Wow! Christine arranged delivery of the BEST sushi I have had in Korea (from Shinsagae). The salmon melted in your mouth...it was awesome. She also had an Abalone salad with a homemade dressing- I need to get the recipe! She also had Bulgogi/Rice, Tempura Shrimp and Veggies, Korean Clear Noodles with sauce and probably something else I am forgetting! Dessert consisted of fresh strawberries with a hot brownie...and green tea. We all ate with Chopsticks on her fine china and I must say it was such a nice day. She lives on the 49th floor overlooking Cherry Blossom trees and a huge mountain. Like last time, she was so kind to send her driver to fetch us for the class. Super lady and hostess! (I'm taking notes!!!) :-)
I'm posting my blogs in opposite order....next I will write about our wonderful Easter at the Salvation Army Church and Michael and Kristin's house after for a delicious lunch! I will also post some great pictures from the Cherry Blossom festival! Red Letter Weekend!

No comments: