Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday Update...

I cracked up when I saw this picture on my camera from this past weekend. On any given day there will be festival promotions, grand openings of new stores/restaurants, patriotic events and many 'foreigner' participation activities. This photo was taken Sunday near Myeongdong. There was a huge crew encouraging us to get in on the action for a historic Korean heritage location promotion about 2 hours from Seoul. I decided on this photo because in the other photo I'm grinning like a crazed woman...preparing to cut a poor kid's head off! The locals are always so pleased when you participate in this little activities..plus it's fun!

Yesterday I was walking along the sidewalk when a large black sedan (that was parked on the sidewalk) accelerated quickly in reverse and hit a light pole. I just happened to be on my cell phone with Chris and he asked what the explosion was (so that tells you it was super loud!) After he hit the pole at top speed...he threw the car into Park...assessed the damage quickly then took off! The street/sidewalk were filled with all kinds of little car parts. This seems to happen quite often...especially with cars and scooters parked all along and on the sidewalks. Today a little 'Tico' auto was rammed in the middle of the UN Village main intersection/Hannam-dong. The truck kept going while the Tico stopped dead in it's tracks with both front tires bent under the car. I have no idea how this happened...it was just too quick to take in the whole collision. I wondered why the fellow didn't push the little car out of the intersection...then I realized having no front wheels would make that difficult. So, I just bought some fruit from the stand and went on my way. You almost always see something new every time you venture out in Seoul. Nothing stays the same..and I mean nothing. (Store fronts, businesses, interior of restaurants...etc.)

No comments: