Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Christmas in February! :-)

















Well, the world can rise up and breathe a sigh of relief...about half of my photos from my memory card were able to be downloaded...so...here comes Christmas! :-) I have used my computer/camera issues probably as an excuse for not posting some memorable stories.
I have attached a few Christmas floral arrangements-my first attempts without the watchful (and helpful) eye of my instructor. It's a start! :-) My goal was to have fresh arrangements in the apartment...for that fresh green/garland aroma! The one with the roses was a gift for one of my favorite pals Joanna. There will more photos forthcoming of our super Christmas Dinner...British style!
The other photos are of our very first 'Korean' Christmas tree. Chris did a mail-order from work...with the help of one of the nice Korean ladies. All I can say is...the pictures do NOT do it justice...it was a piece of work! :-) The ornament in my hand was an auto-inflatable...similar to shaking a hot pack or ice pack and breaking it to release the heat/cold! (We wondered what condition they will be in next year!). The best part...very jazzy lights with more choices in timing and sequence than I have ever seen! The kicker to the day...after some hasty decorating, Chris plugged in the beauty and it blew him across the room with a loud "Pop!" Luckily, he survived and we had quite the Christmas tree! :-) For some reason they included two sets of lights in the box.....interesting...:-)




No comments: