Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Asian Flower Design 2/23/09











As you can probably see from the numerous photos attached today...I really enjoyed my flower class this week! The "Asian Fusion" Centerpiece with the Orchids was the focus of the lesson...and I just loved it. You can adapt this style for a variety of table sizes/shapes...I chose Round/Oval design. The long/thin arrangement was actually from last week with additional 'tweaking' but the instructor when she arrived. She also gave great feedback and made the two smaller arrangements look much better. It is amazing to watch her take a leaf and use it for 'camo' for hiding varied lengths of stems etc. We used some wire to make the wooden vines behave a bit...:-) She stayed extra time today...and as she was slipping off her slippers at the door (I recently purchased 4 pairs of 'almost' Burberry slippers for less than 2 dollars a pair)....she said "Nicole, we have the same hobby...flowers!" I really hope I can bring this 'Asian flare' back to the US for my future flower designs!

No comments: