Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jimmy Choo!


Many of you probably remember my excited blog entry after the Queen's Birthday Ball, where I (we) won the 500,000 Kw gift-card to Jimmy Choo (feel free to refresh your memory as needed...:-) Chris was hoping JC (that's what I'm calling them now...haha) also made men's shoes. I honestly believe that every gal who speaks English in Seoul knows about my certificate or knows someone who knows about the certificate! :-) Please don't think I was bragging...just very excited! I gained most of my initial information regarding the' general' location from some nice British gals from Pro- Nails....then I consulted with Bev and Joanna...then they consulted with their buddy Peck ...she contacted her husband's personal assistant to assist with locating the boutique (it had to be the flagship store...not from the various malls)...Peck called the store and put the info in her car navigation system...whew...it took a village to get me there! :-) The expiration date was 9/30/08 and there was no possible way I was going to let those little stilettos slip through my toes! Chris was also trying to locate the store through his navigation system and offered to search it out on a weekend. All of Seoul rose up to help me get these shoes....it was almost half the fun! We picked the day and Peck offered to take us across the river...near the Galleria Mall...down a back alley...I would still be walking the streets without assistance. Peck even contacted the store regarding parking...and we parked right in front of the entrance...I mean 2 feet from the door! Peck also brought a nice buddy who cracked us up calling her husband and friends giving them the 'Jimmy Choo' update! The two gals in the store did not speak a lot of English but they understood the 'language of footwear' I guess...:-) After much discussion...and examining my feet...they determined that my foot was 'big size very big"...I am an 8 1/2 (38 1/2) narrow...that is the largest size carried by Jimmy Choo in Korea. I was literally praying the shoes would fit...my backup plan was a cool red purse or evening bag. Maybe the 'larger' shoe size was a blessing in disguise...because only 8 pairs were available in my size...a little less overwhelming. The gals positioned themselves on the very 'mod' curved couches and enjoyed the trying-on and modeling process...almost as much as I did (maybe more!) :-) We really had a ball. Bev even brought me back to reality when I decided the $1,700 boots 'fit like a glove'....then we all discussed the benefits of 'classic' versus 'trendy'....I am sure Chris was thankful I had a full support team(and rational too) with me.... coming home with those stunning boots 'might' have been a tough one to explain.....but in all honestly....I absolutely LOVE the shoes. Everyone was so patient as I re-tried the shoes and discussed how/when /where I would wear them.....:-) After the big fun we headed to a trendy little restaurant just across the street. The booths were huge over-stuffed leather sofas with low coffee tables....another one of Peck's friends joined us for the continued "Jimmy Choo" celebration. We even decided the shoe bag was stunning! :-) I don't believe I've ever experienced a true 'runner's high' ...but this day had to be close...I must say this day went a long way in helping overcome some of my feelings of homesickness....plus I have some really, really nice buddies from this outing! O yes, one side note. Since 'clubs' seem so popular over here...we have decided to start a 'Jimmy Choo Club"....we are the only members...and you don't have to actually own a pair to join in on the fun...hahaha. Now to wear them!! ( I will blog the maiden voyage of the Jimmy Choo's). :-)

No comments: